In today's society, tattoos are almost a must. If you look at almost every professional athlete, they have some type of body piercing or artwork tattooed onto their body. Some people like them, others dont, It is your own opinion. For me, I like tattoos and have three myself and soon to have five or six by the end of summer. I view tattoos as artwork on my body that resemble something special to me along with many other athletes. Then there are some people that get tattoos that just get them to look cool or fit in. Not me, or any other Green Bay Packer players. All three tattoos I have mean something to either me, or my family. I have the polish eagle on my chest, my zodiac sign on my arm along with a cross with my initials. I've had almost every person ask what they mean when they saw my tattoos. To me it's showing off what I believe in and like and love in my family. My next tattoo that I'm getting resembles my younger sister. In a recent article by several local Green Bay news companies, they asked several Packer players what tattoos mean to them. They stopped by a local tattoo artist that tat's up Packer players "Tattoos by Rick".
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenbaypressgazette.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Farticle%3FAID%3D2011101020562&h=b8800
<OBJECT style="WIDTH: 300px; HEIGHT: 225px" title="JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player" data="
http://www.youtube.com/v/mJ90ZGJMIkg&hl=en&fs=1" type=application/x-shockwave-flash></OBJECT>
In this interview Joe Buck even mentions "Tattoos by Rick" in one of many favorite hobbies for former cornerback Al Harris.
Here is a picture of Donald Driver getting tattooed by Rick.

My former neighbor Scott Wells getting ink by Rick's assistants along with former Safety Will Blackmon.

One of the most tattooed players on the team, middle linebacker Nick Barnett.
You can see several more current and former Green Bay Packer players getting tattoos by Rick by clickin the following link.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=42628&id=169518583076536
That is awesome! I also like tattoos and want to get one soon. I enjoyed how you used your opinion, but still related it back to the Packers. This is a great blog, even if I am an Indianapolis Colts fan!
ReplyDeleteI looooveee tattoos myself. Great topic choice. I really like that you mentioned that yours actually mean something to you, and not just something random. Adding the stories and pictures about the Pack players made it even better. Even thought I'm not a GB fan. But it's still good. haha
ReplyDeleteI think this is real cool man, I'm thinking about getting inked up too! But, this is neat, I don't think a lot of Packer fans know about this, a neat little peek into a different world. Coool man.
ReplyDeleteTatoos are cool and I like that you have meaning behind your tattoos. I personally think that if your gonna get a tattoo then it should mean something to you and not just use your body as an art canvas. Good blog I liked the pictures
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog! I like how this relates to the Packers yet it is something deeper than that. Do you know what some of the tattoos mean to the packers? Like the pictures and how you had your own opinion about tattoos. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, I like all the pics and telling about your tats. I agree with you, if a person gets tattooed they sould have personal meaning.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you are starting to add pictures and links to your blog. Having these things makes your blog more interesting and more "hands on" for readers. I also like the topic, keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI love this topic just because of the fact that I can personally relate to it in me having a couple tattoos myself. I am looking to get a couple this summer but its a way to express myself and my ideals (aside from what my parents say). I like the pictures and links you left on the blog. Loved this post.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your topic and how view tattoos as artwork as well. I hope to get a tattoo one day because they are cool and I love art. But I also liked how you expressed how tattoos are artwork and gave images to show it.
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog, even if its about the Green Bay FUDGE PACKERS ;). Tattoos should always be meaningful. I said i'd never get one in my life, but when my step dad who was my dad figure past away he'd always tell me to BELIEVE in myself, everytime i'd speak to him one thing he would say is Believe, and when I got up on my own and moved to california he slipt a card in my car and on the front was a big sparkly blue BELIEVE in yourself or no one will saying, so obviously after he past I wanted to get that on my rib cage in memory of him, because it's not just a tattoo its a constant reminder of something i'll never forget!! Good work Lukas :)
ReplyDelete